So, you’ve already got example.com domain (primary) and you have acquired anotherexample.net (secondary) and wish to redirect the latter to example.com. Oh! And example.com is of course on a secure https with automatic redirect from unencrypted http:// connection.
Here’s the steps to perform assuming you already have control of both domains.
- Choose “Aliases” from CPANEL Domains.
- Create new alias using the secondary domain – in this case anotherexample.net.
- Add redirect by going back to “Aliases” and choose “Manage redirection” for the domain anotherexample.net, which is now in the list. Type in https://example.com/ and press save.
- Go to CPANEL –> Domains –> Redirects and make sure you have the correct redirect.
- Finally fix the certificates. The certificate does not contain the anotherexample.net and you have regenerate a new certificate including the new domain. Do this by going to CPANEL –> Security and choose “SSL/TLS Status”.
- Here you’ll see your anotherexample.net domain and that it is not included. Correct this by pressing the “Run AutoSSL” button. It may take some time – minutes – before it’s done. You’ll see an “AutoSSL is in progress …” where you pressed the button.